3.08.2010

Time to get out and ride!

If you had not noticed and judging by how busy Saturday was at the shop you have.

It is starting to warm up a bit. I would not be surprised if there is one more cold streak before winter finally throws in the towel but I am enjoying the nice weather. Indoor trainer rides have stopped at the shop and group rides are spinning up.

If you are like me you have not ridden near as much over the winter as you should. I am looking at the new Trek Madones to save me in the coming group rides at least until my legs come around. I however already have a fine road bike and perhaps more importantly have college to pay for first. Whats your excuse? Several 2009 demo bikes are still here. These bikes have been tried and ridden before, but still carry full warranties and guarantees not to mention they are hundreds of dollars below msrp at this point come check one out!

Unfortunately Kickapoo state parks mountain bike trails will probably be a mud fest until we get a good dry streak but I remain hopeful that there will be some days in late March April. Over the winter my Mountain bike did see some use as snow and ice made me leery. As a result I managed to wear out my drive train It now skips when I pedal hard. If your bike has suffered through a tough winter or just sat and collected dust its time to get repairs done!

On this front of the cycling world I am torn between Treks Full Suspension top fuel and fuel and the 29ers from Gary Fisher. I love the new Gary Fisher Superfly 100 the way parents love their children, meanwhile the Fuel and Top Fuel from trek teases the engineer half of me with every bit of tech and suspension jargon out there. The 2010 mountain bikes from Trek and GF are spectacular. Even the lower end models will let you go ride through nature with style and dare I say, grace.

New for this year we carry Stans/No Tubes product. This means that some of the best mountain bike rims period. are available to you. Just be sure to ask about their wheel sets. We keep in stock their sealants and conversion kits so all you tubeless fans can run tire pressures that make fresh Peeps seem firm. I cannot wait to get the White ZTR crest rims on my X-Cal they should take Pounds off of my bike.

Hope to see you soon.
John Henry

No comments:

Post a Comment