6.25.2009

Helmets

You may have gathered that John does a good job promoting helmet use by using his "Dad voice" with potential helmet users. (It's the same way he keeps wild children in check while working [please come back, John.]) I'm also a big fan of helmets--I've cracked at least 5 helmets in my day and am still able to blog about it. This makes me (and my mommy) happy. On the other hand, my libertarian side thinks that adults should be able to make their own decisions, even stupid ones. To reconcile this internal conflict, I present you with this video (movie? film?) to help you make an informed decision about wearing a crash hat:


Update from John:
Our luck with the weather ended today. 22 miles from the end of the day's ride and we could see the storm moving in behind us. We took off at a good pace with hope of reaching the cars before the storm caught us. We did not make it and rode the last five or so miles in the rainstorm. Even so it was a great ride. Mary upped her speed again and I was pushing 20+ to keep up with her and Brian. At some point near the finish, Brian gave Mary the front and she started pulling away from us!
We changed to dry clothes in a Dairy Queen restroom and warmed up with an ice cream cone. After some stops in a few tourist shops and the purchase of a Schwinn advertising sign we drove south to the Brainerd area. Tomorrow we ride to St. Cloud and the Lake Wobegon Bike Trail (where all the men are handsome, the women strong and the children are above average).
Thursday night we are going to the track races just north of the Twin Cities and I can relive my glory days as a young track racer.
Alex.... I have lots of "used jerseys" at this point in the trip. They do smell. I will check again for a hint of celery. I suspect I will detect the essence of pancakes and DQ and no celery.

No comments:

Post a Comment